Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Oatmeal Pancakes

The hardest meal for me to eat clean has got to be breakfast. I prefer a savory breakfast, not a sweet one, yet it seems most breakfast recipes are sweet. I also hate eggs and egg whites in particular, or anything that tastes like them. That doesn't really leave very many options. I have come up with an oatmeal pancake recipe that I love. Even though it is sweet, I still like eating this almost daily. Tay even likes them.

In a blender or food processor combine;
  • 1/3 cup cottage cheese,
  • 1/3 oatmeal and
  • 3 egg whites.
  • Sweeten to your preference. Whether you use sugar, splenda, agave nector, it doesn't really matter.

Add

  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon and
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla.

Continue to mix until everything is smooth. Pour out pancakes onto hot griddle, sprayed with Pam. Cook on med-low. Flip when bottom is golden brown. You can eat them with your choice of syrop, regular or SF, fruit preserves etc. I really like to top mine with natural almond and hazelnut butter and SF syrop. Or, natural peanut butter and sugar free jam, then roll them up. Wrap in tinfoil or plastic wrap and you have a portable snack. This is how Tay likes them.

No comments:

Post a Comment