Saturday, January 10, 2009

Feeling Good

Thinking back to yesterday, I think it turned out to be a very encouraging day. Despite two social get togethers, both of which have the potential to be fairly high calorie events, I was able to stick with my plan and not once did I feel cheated. I had a 'healthy' potluck lunch at work that was actually pretty decent. As I mentioned in my previous post, I made Asian Chicken Salad, and it was a hit. It turned out so good, I will definitely be making that again. Previous office 'food days' were usually filled with high fat, high sugar delights, but yesterday turned out really good. We had cold tomatoe soup (homemade), my salad, fruit tray, veggie tray, cheese and crackers, and sherbet for dessert. I am not a sherbet (or ice cream) fan, so I didn't have any, but at least I know a dish I can bring for future potlucks that is on plan. So even if there isn't anything else I can eat, I can at least have that. I also met up with my friend at the gym, then we went for dinner, then coffee. We took our time at the gym, chatted a lot, then went to Mongolie Grill. I love that place, because I can pick whatever I want in my stir fry, so I loaded it with chicken, scallops and veggies. It was so good. At Starbuck's I discovered a new treat; SF Caramel, NF Americano Misto. It is heaven in a cup, and sin free! (for the most part). Anyhoo, here is my workout for yesterday, Friday, January 9, 2009:

Warm Up
Bent over flyes 10 lbs x 12 x 3
Lying 1 arm scap protraction 20 lbs x 20 x 2
Pulldown 70 lbs 10 x 2
Scap push ups BW x 20 x 2

Military press 45/50/50/55/55 lbs x 5
Chin Ups I band x 5 x 5
Seated Cable Rows 80 lbs x 8 x 3
Incline DB press 25 lbs x 12 x 2
Poor boy shoulder horn 12.5 lbs x 10 x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment