Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 1 - Lets get this started!

Today, is the first day of a 3 month challenge. I spent most of the weekend preparing food; weighing, packaging, making, buying. Can you believe I went to FOUR different grocery stores in search of ground chicken or turkey?! And can you believe I NEVER found any!! I wanted to make a turkey meatloaf, but couldn't find the turkey. At one place I even asked if they could just grind up a tray of chicken breasts, but I was told that they don't grind their meat there. Huh? Over the years, there have been several times when I wished I had my own meat grinder. Now that I got the KitchenAid mixer for Christmas this year, the meat grinder attachment is on my list for next year. Anyway, I did manage to find one small package of ground turkey thighs, and a small package of ground chicken breast in my deepfreeze. Add that to the extra lean ground beef and it will have to do. I will make the meatloaf tonight, since the turkey and chicken were still frozen yesterday. I did make a batch of Swiss Muesli, which I am eating right now, and is pretty darn good! I also wanted to make some Turkey and Egg White Scramble, but since I couldn't find turkey, I made it with ground beef and drained and rinsed the meat. So, in my freezer, I have 20 servings of Split Pea and Root Vegetable soup, 6 servings of Crockpot Porridge, 6 servings of Beef and Egg White Scramble and 7 - 100 g servings of grilled chicken. Plus, 3 more bowls of Swiss Muesli in my fridge. I think I am set!

I am planning on doing cardio at lunch today, then training lower body after work. I am aiming for 2 liters of water, at a minimum, for today.

Ok, here are my starting stats.... I took the dreaded "before" pictures this weekend as well.

Weight: 132.5 lbs Goal: 120 lbs
BF%: 30% Goal: 25%
Right Bicep: 11.75
Left Bicep: 11.50
Chest: 36.00
Waist, at navel: 35.00
Hips, 2inches below hipbone: 36.75
Hips, widest part: 39.00
Right thigh, midpoint: 21.75
Left Thigh, midpoint: 21.50

Plan:
1650 calories: 40/30/30 split
Weight train: 3 - 4 times a week
Cardio: 2 times a week, 1 Steady State (SS), 1 High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) session
Band training or Prehab work: 2 times per week
Yoga: Once a week

I will evaluate this plan in 3 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. You are so brave posting all that. To me that would feel like posting a pic of dirty underwear. So does that mean that is all you will eat for a while? No variety? See this is why I couldn't do this. (Well one of the many reasons.) So if I were you there would be a part of me wishing I wasn't going to visit my sister because of the food and excersize thing right in the middle of the challenge. So why don't you maybe go through my blog and see if anything works or could be made to work and I will plan on making that. Maybe we can come up with a whole weeks menus before you even get here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I will eat more then that. But when the recipe makes 8 servings and I am the only one eating it.... Nah, I am still looking forward to the visit. By the time I come down, I will have a good idea of what I will need. However, I will likely bring some supplies from home and we may have to make a pit stop at the grocery store on the way home from the airport.

    I could have posted my "before" pic, but that would be just stupid! I will wait until there is a decent "after" pic.

    ReplyDelete