Thursday, January 29, 2009

Getting Better

Starting to feel a little better. May have something to do with the fact that I am on holidays next week, so only one more work day!!! Tay and I leave on Saturday to visit my sister in Phoenix for a week. I am looking forward to it. It will be nice to get away for a bit and Tay is excited about seeing her cousins and going on a plane. Diet is going pretty good as well and I am not too concerned about falling off the wagon while I am at my sisters; they eat pretty damn good. I will bring some protein powder and will likely stop at a grocery store once we get there a pick up a few other things. The only thing I am going to be unable to continue, is my workouts. So, I am going to use this time as a break, do some prehab work while I am there, and hopefully some walking/hiking for cardio. When I get back, I will start a deload program for a week, then move to my phase 2 program. Definitely noticing a difference in my appearance. My stomach is flatter and my pants are a little looser in the thighs. And if I stand in just the right light and at just the right angle, you can see a 6 pack trying to emerge. Unfortunately, there is still too much insulation over top to be certain; one could argue that you are just seeing my rolls! Anyhoo, had a great workout last night. My bench press is getting better. The weight is not going up yet, but I feel more controlled during my lift, I figure in a couple weeks I may actually be able to increase the weight. Going to the gym tonight, hopefully, my friend will be able to join me. I like to torture her, and she keeps coming back! hehehe

Workout
Face Pulls 60lbs x 15 x 3
Scap Push Up BW x 20 x 2
Pulldown Scap Depressions 60lbs x 12 x 2
Tricep Pushdown 60lbs x 12 x 2


Bench Press 45/55/65/75/85lbs x 5
Bentover BB Row 55/65/75/85/95 x 5
DB Shoulder Press 20 x 8, 22.5 x 8 x 3 (did the first set with 20lbs, then went up to 22.5lbs for the last 2)
Lat Pulldown 75 x 12 x 2
L-Lateral Raise 10 x 15 x 2



Some smart ass caught my attention during my bench and asked if I wanted the 45lbs plates added. In case you didn't know, 45s on a bar is 135lbs. I can't wait for the day that I can say, "yes please, if you don't mind"



And just in case myself or anyone else needed a wee bit of motivation, here is a great motivating pic!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! That is soooo disgusting. I think I can smell ass from here!

    ReplyDelete