Monday, March 30, 2009

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Well, it is Monday again. I had a fairly decent weekend, but it was over much too fast. Yesterday, Taylor went to a birthday party with one of our friends, so Wes and I took the opportunity to go to the gym together. This is something that rarely happens. That morning when Tay got up, she had a bit of a fever, so I gave her some Motrin and shortly after she seemed fine. However, once she got to the party her fever returned. She was lethargic and feverish and pretty much spent the entire time there, cuddled up on someones lap or sleeping in a bed made from coats. So, we ended up cutting our workout short and I didn't manage to get every thing done. Oh well. Diet was poop all weekend. No valid excuse aside from I just wanted it, so I had it! Shame on me. 5 days left in this challenge and I am feeling pretty good. While I know I may not have achieved all my goals and I didn't follow my plan to a T, I still feel that I was successful. I guess my ultimate goal was to be able to shed some pounds while maintaining a healthy diet. 'Maintaining' is the key word here. I do not believe in diets. I do not want to lose weight by eating such a restricted diet that I am unable to maintain that diet indefinitely. Because once you go back to eating 'normal' you will just put that weight back on. In hindsight, I guess my real goal was to achieve a healthy relationship with food, find a new 'normal' and I think I have and even better, I think I may have influenced a few people along the way. Once this challenge is over, I will continue to track my weight and measurements and take those dreaded progress pictures, because I have found that is what is helping me stick with this. I have my treats once in a while, but for the most part everything I eat is pretty 'clean' (for lack of a better word). I do not feel deprived at all, I feel satisfied. Yay for me!

Workout
Band pull aparts 12 x 2
Scap Push Ups 20 x 2
Behind Neck Band Pulldown 12 x 2
Skull Crusher (DB) 12.5 lbs x 12 x 2

Bench press 65/75/85/95/95 lbs x 3 - dang it, I wish I could push past this!
Bentover BB Row 85 lbs x 6 x 3
Standing DB Shoulder Press 25 x 8 (should have been 2 sets of 12, but we had to leave, so I grabbed the 25s and did what I could)

1 comment:

  1. Good job. "Diets" are so much easier to stick to if you allow yourself your indulgences now and again. Only competition diets in the last 6 weeks should really be restrictive :-)

    ReplyDelete