Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Apocalyptic Desert

I am hesitant to get excited. The days are getting longer, the mornings are brighter and warmer and it smelled like rain this morning. But it is only the beginning of March, as any Albertan will tell you, you cannot put away the parka until June 1st. But the past couple mornings I have really enjoyed the little walks from the car to the bus, the bus to work. I can't wait to be able to get up early and sit outside and have a coffee. Putts around in my garden, pick a few weeds and enjoy the silence. Back in the day when I used to run, my favorite thing to do was to get up early and go for a long run, then come home and go back to sleep for a couple hours. Maybe someday I can do that again.

This weekend, Wes and I and a bunch of our friends are going to Fernie. My BFF has rented a gorgeous log house for all of us. The place sleeps 17, and I think there will be 11 in the house and 4 staying in town. This weekend, we will bring Ryan up the mountain one last time. Fernie is where Wes and Ryan and the rest of the boys, first fell in love with snowboarding. As such, all of the snowboarding boys and a few others will be in Fernie this weekend for one last run with Ryan. I am really excited about this, especially since I have a new snowboard and all new gear and I have friends that will ride with me, not to mention the gorgeous house we will be staying in. It has a hot tub, games room, 6 master bedrooms.... Insane! On the other hand, I suspect it will also be a bit of an emotional weekend for everyone as well. We are leaving Friday around noon, and coming home Monday evening. That means 4 days and no training and likely eating crap. I will do my bi-weekly measurements on Friday instead of my usual Sunday since I won't be able to while we are away. I doubt there will be a scale there and I don't really feel like packing mine in my suitcase. I am planning on bringing some oatmeal pancakes at the very least, but I am not going to stress about it. Plus, snowboarding is quite a leg workout! I went to the gym Monday and will not be able to go again until Friday. I get off work at 10 AM, then I will go to the gym, then come home and we will head out around noon. I had wanted to do at least 4 cardio sessions this week, to make up for the lack of workouts, but I am already behind on that. I went on Monday, but ended up having to work through my lunch yesterday, so I couldn't make it. I am hoping to get there today and do some HIIT.

Workout for Monday

Glute activation and Hip Mobility stuff

Warm up CDL 95/105lbs x 5
CDL 135lbs x 5 x 3 (I think I am actually ready to bump this up! YAY!!)
Leg Press 230lbs x 12 x 2
Bulgarian Squats (DB) 35lbs x 8 x 3
Saxon Side Bends (DB) 15lbs x 10 x 3

No comments:

Post a Comment