Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hardcore Monkeys

Life has kept me busy lately. Work was pretty crazy last week, I even managed to work 4 hours of overtime. The last day I trained was Friday. On Saturday, Wes and I took a bus trip to Jasper for a weekend snowboadring. It was a ton of fun. We lucked out and the conditions were the best they have had all year. I am getting better at this snowboarding thing. I still stick to mostly green runs and the odd blue one, but I am just trying to work on my turns and get my confidence up. I would like to go one more time this year, but with only about a month left in the season, we'll have to see how that plays out. I am still working on getting my bindings and stance set up, so that my feet don't cramp up. It is coming. After a day on the hill together, we came back to our hotel and had a jacuzzi bath and a 3 hour nap. Afterwards, we went out for dinner, then checked out 3 different bars and had a few bevies. Sunday, we were back on the hill. It was so nice to spend that time alone together. It has been a while.

Less then two weeks left in the challenge and I need to work on getting more cardio in. I actually did manage to make it to the gym yesterday at lunch and did a HIIT session. Talk about killing my legs. Leg workout Friday, snowboarding Saturday and Sunday, then interval training Monday! My knee has started bothering me again, I know I need to get my act together and do more stretching. I should know better by now.

Diet was totally off plan these past few days and the one thing I am starting to notice is that I think eating crap effects my mood. The last few times I went off plan for more then two days, I noticed a definite decrease in my mood the days following. This is something I will have to monitor a little more.

With that in mind, I decided it was time to try a new recipe. In this month edition of Clean Eating, there is a recipe for Chicken and Vegetable Stew. So, tonight I made a double batch. Kinda hoping it is good, seeing as I made so much! I will let you know the verdict tomorrow.

Workout for Friday

Glute Activation and Hip Mobility work

Front Squats 95/105/115/125/130lbs x 3
Back Extensions 25lbs x 8 x 3
Bulgarian RDL (DB) 20lbs x 12 x 2
Medicine Ball Twist 18 lbs x 10 x 3

1 comment:

  1. Funny you mention the diet and mood connection. Just yesterday I told Ron I think I am noticing the same thing. I eat well at home but when I work all bets are off. Then by the time I get home I am a bitch. I need to watch this too to see if there really is a connection. I really don't want there to be.

    ReplyDelete