Sunday, February 8, 2009

Time in the Desert

Tay and I are home! We had a great trip to Phoenix, despite being delayed a day. 2 o'clock Saturday morning Tay woke up barfing. I have anxiety issues flying alone with Tay as it is, yet alone when she is yaking every 20-30 minutes. We ended up rebooking to fly out on Sunday, at a cost of $535. Not overly impressed, but worth it to see my sis. Although, I am not too sure how impressed she was when we managed to contaminate her entire family with the flu. Sorry Kim!

We went for walks almost daily and we managed to turn those into cardio sessions with the kids demanding that we run up and down the hills while pushing the double strollers. My sister is a fantastic cook, and quite creative in the kitchen. I would highly recommend that you check out her blog, if you have not done so yet. She has some great gluten and dairy free recipes. I am not sure Tay was as appreciative as I was with the variety, she seems to be a much pickier eater then I ever expected. I am pretty sure she lost weight in the 6 days we were there.
My sister is amazing. I have a whole new respect for her. She is a fantastic mother and it boggles my mind how she manages to keep her sanity with three kids. I can barely keep it together with one! I only wish we lived closer.

Here are a few pix of our holiday....


Tay and Rori in the hammock swing





Tay and Sage sleeping in the stroller after a heavy duty walk. You'd think they were the ones pushing the stroller, running up and down the hills




Tay helping Justus with a drink.



My sister, Tay, Sage and Justus having a picnic in the desert.

Our picnic spot.



6 comments:

  1. Great pics. Except the one with me in it. Couldn't you crop me out? You give me too much credit, besides I hardly cooked when you were here. Looks like I have you fooled believing I am sane. We loved having you here. It was even worth getting the flu x 5! Miss you guys already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I chose that picture because you WERE in it and it is a good one of you too. Do you realize, we didn't get any with both of us in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding? It looks like someone beat the shit out of me with an ugly stick!

    No I didn't realize that. We will have to get some when I come in the summer. I am still thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look fantastic Kim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be your friendly neighborhood stalker. I figured it out by narrowing down those who would be up at 1:19 AM. Wes.

    ReplyDelete