Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bulging Banger

I went to the gym last night, and I saw a woman deadlifting 155 lbs. I have never seen a woman deadlift more then 95 lbs; I have made it to 135 lbs. I know of women who can lift a whole lot more, but I have never seen it at any gym I have been to, until now. I usually prefer not to talk to anyone when I train. I avoid making eye contact so as to not give the impression that it is ok to approach me. It disrupts my zen. So, it was a pretty big deal for me to go up and compliment this woman on her deadlifts. The real kicker here is to look at her you would never have guessed she could lift that much. She was an asian lady in her early 40's, about 5'3'", trim, but nothing really special. She looked like a soccer mom. I thought she was cool. Unless she drives a mini van.

Anyway, I had a great workout. AND... can you believe I went and did cardio TWICE during my lunch this week, and it wasn't even all that bad.

Workout for Thursday

Glute activation and Hip mobility stuff

Front Squats 95/105/115/125/125 lbs x 3
Back Extensions 25lbs x 8 x 3 - finally figured out a way to rig this thing up to fit my miniturness
Leg Press 230 lbs x 12 x 2
Standing Cable Crunch 60lbs x 15 x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment