Monday, February 23, 2009

It is just a stupid number!

Welcome to Monday! I had a decent weekend, quiet but nice. Friday, Wes and I had the evening to ourselves as a friend asked if Tay could sleep over. We went to a sports bar for dinner and shared a jug of beer, then came home and hung out. It was nice. Sunday, I went to the gym then decided to look for a pair of jeans since I was told that the one and only pair I have is not overly flattering. I was pretty happy to find some good sales on and I ended up getting 2 pairs of cords and one pair of jeans. Well, actually I bought 2 pairs of jeans, but I am going to return one, because I am not totally happy with the fit. The one thing that kinda disturbed me a little was the size; size 7/8 and a 9? I know it is just a stupid number and that it really doesn't mean squat because they vary so much from store to store, but still! I am fairly happy with what I see in the mirror, but the fact that the tag on my jeans says size 9 instead of size 3 or 5, like it used to, seems to overshadow what I am looking at. Not to mention, when I see pictures of myself, I see someone so much bigger then I thought I was. It is starting to make me wonder how people see me and whether or not I really am that big after all? (Dare I say "huge" ) I keep trying to remind myself that while I may be larger in size, my shape is better, I am healthier and stronger. Grrr, I guess it still all comes down to being more consistent with my diet and putting on my big girl pants and doing cardio. Since the beginning of this journey I have lost 5.5 lbs and a total of 12 inches, so I suppose I cannot complain too much.


Workout for Friday

Lateral Raise 10lbs x 12 x 2
Lying BB Protraction 30lbs x 12 x 2
Shoulder Roll 12 x 2
Face Pulls 70lbs x 12 x 2

Push Press 45/55/60/65/65lbs x 3
Pull Ups 1 band x 5 x 3
Seated Cable Row 60lbs x 12 x 2
Incline DB Press 30lbs x 8 x 3
Poorboy Shoulder Horn 10lbs x 10 x 3


Workout for Sunday

Glute activation and Hip mobility stuff

Warm Up CDL 95/105lbs x 5
CDL 12lbs x 5 x 3
Leg Press 230lbs x 12 x 2
Bulgarian Squats (db) 35lbs x 8 x 3
Cable Twist 40 lbs x 10 x 3

1 comment:

  1. Finally getting a chance to comment on this. Hmmm how to put this to you gently... You look great! You don't look fat. You look muscular and fit. You have a nice shape. I'd trade in a heartbeat. So yes, it is just a number.

    Also, how could I have forgotten to mention how awesome you are in my blog in respect to fixing a stroller tire? You were the hero that day. Sage may not let me live that one down. Something needed to be fixed a week or two ago and I said I couldn't fix it and that she would have to wait for daddy to fix it. She responded, "Auntie Dani could do it!"

    ReplyDelete