Monday, April 20, 2009

Take Two!

Today is the start of a new challenge. This one does not have any prizes, it is mainly for motivation. I found that logging the daily details and taking measurements and pictures on a regular basis, really helped me stick with it during the last challenge. So that is why I am doing this again. This one runs from April 20 to July 19. I have a feeling this one will be a little more difficult. My current weight has been my sticking point for a few years now. I may make a brief appearance below that, but it never lasts. This time I want to break that barrier once and for all. The weight loss is only about 6-7 lbs but, knowing myself I know I need to make this goal feel achievable. I know this is likely more of a mental block then a physical one. Anyway, this time around I have some support a little closer to home; two of my friends are doing this challenge with me. They will weigh in and take progress pictures with me for the next 3 months. I am excited. Tonight I took my pictures and measurements and I am embarrassed to say that I have put on almost all the weight I had lost. HOWEVER! I know I am retaining a lot of water right now and my body fat % is still the same as it was on the last day of the previous challenge. So, I think I actually only put back on a few pounds, which I am not going to dwell on as I knew full well I was eating total crap for almost two weeks. I can feel it too. My mood has been more volatile, I am crampy and gassy and all around bloated. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment