Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kinky Cushions

OMFG! I feel like someone has done the Mexican Hat Dance on my arse! I have been training, honestly, I just have not gotten around to posting my last 4 or 5 workouts, no point in doing it now. I did a deload program last week and have started back on a 5 x 5 plan (or something along those lines). Last night was lower body, and I really didn't think I was doing that much more then I usually do, but I obviously pushed myself because I HURT! I was hurting and stiff and felt like barfing by the time I left the gym. For the rest of the night, my entire body felt like it was quivering and weak.

Workout

Glute activation and hip mobility work

Full Squats 95/105/115/125/135 lbs x 5
BB High Step Up 75 lbs x 10 x 3 (these were the buggers that fried my ass)
Pullthroughs 90lbs x 12 x 2
Standing Cable Crunch 70lbs x 10 x 3

In other news..... A couple weeks ago, I finally went and saw an orthodontist about possibly getting braces again. I say again because I had braces when I was 15. I only had them on my front 6 teeth and only for less then 4 months. Unfortunately, the wire holding everything in place broke and my dentist at the time did not feel it needed to be fixed. Fast forward 17 years and my teeth are now back to where they were. Actually, they have been this way for a while. So, I went for my consultation expecting to hear that I would be able to get Invisaline braces (clear molds that don't even look like braces) and in less then 6 months I would have a pretty smile. I was pretty disappointed when I left there with 3 treatment options, none of which was what I was hoping for. The treatement options ranged from regular braces for 9 months on top teeth only for a little over $2500 to full braces top and bottom, extraction of two top teeth and jaw surgery which would run me $15,000. The latter option would straighten my front teeth, correct my overbite and recenter my jaw (which is apparently offside). I do have ortho coverage, but not enough to cover everything aside from Option 1. Sooooo, I am going with Option 1, which will just straighten my top teeth. For as much as I am not really looking forward to looking like a 15 year hold again, I am looking forward to getting the process started and finally getting my teeth straightened.

No comments:

Post a Comment