Monday, April 27, 2009

Searching for my Marbles

I think I have lost a few of them. I agreed to run a 10 km race with my friend on June 20th. The race is called Underwear Affair and we will run the race in our skivvies. I have to raise $300 in order to qualify to race, that alone frightens me, because I hate asking for pledges. The race is to raise funds for cancers below the waist, hence the underwear theme. I used to run, years ago before Taylor. I loved running, I loved the runner's high. I did an 8km road race about 6 years ago and have not really run since. I also ended up with pain in my IT band, which is what prevented me from continuing. Hopefully, this time around I can be a little more diligent in stretching and massaging my IT band, and be able to ward off any knee injuries. I am scared and excited for this. Scared that I am going to fall flat on my ass around the 2 km mark (or really any time during the race), and I am afraid I will not be able to raise enough money for the run (although, I could top it up if I had to, I just don't really want to). But I am excited at the challenge and at the prospect of getting back into running again, and to be able to do this with a really close friend. Now, I just have to figure out how I am going to try to squeeze in the training for this, into the rest of my schedule. I will likely have to cut out some of my strength training sessions and do running instead. Oh well, nice change. Actually, before my friend even asked me about it, I had been toying with the idea to attempt a triathalon. I think the 10km race is a better option, since I really don't know how to swim.

Workout for Sunday
Glute activation and Hip Mobility stuff

RDL 95/105/115/135/145lbs x 5
Leg Press 270lbs x 10 x 3
Split Squat 75lbs 12 x 2
Cable cross chop 30lbs x 15 x 2 (I really have no idea what the name for this exercise is, so this is what I have called it. I know what I am talking about)

No comments:

Post a Comment