Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happiness is...

This had been a great weekend. Yesterday, after Wes and I dropped Tay off at Grandma's, we went to his gym and worked out together. It was nice. We don't actually work out together as much as we work out in the same vicinity. Either way, we were together. Afterwards, we came home and cleaned the house together, then had a nap. You know you are getting old when a day like this is considered ideal. We went out for dinner, then to a friend's place for a couple drinks, then home to bed. I finally got to sleep in my own bed and wake up on my own accord. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. I am trying two new recipes from my new cookbook; crockpot porridge and split pea and root vegetable soup. They are both cooking and making my kitchen smell fantastic! Back to work tomorrow. I like starting the week well prepared; lunch made, gym bag packed, coffee ready to be brewed and dinner planned out. I hate being rushed in the mornings. I am up at 4:45 am every morning, so that I have enough time to get out the door by 6:30 am. So, the more prepared I am the night before, the smoother my morning goes. I am off to bed early tonight!

Before I go, posting my workout from yesterday.....

Glute activation and hip mobility work

  • Full Squat 95/105/115/125/135lbs x 5
(I think this was a personal best for me. I do not recall ever lifting this much before. It was kinda a fluke, I started my first set at 95 lbs, which was 30 lbs higher then the last time I did squats. I was already onto my second set before I realized the weights were much heavier. Either way, the lift went pretty well. My form felt strong, although I didn't get down as low as I should have. Unfortunately, my right knee has been bothering me ever since)

  • Split Squat 65lbs x 10 x 3
  • Leg Press 170kg x 10 x 3 (Assuming this was kilos, since I usually press 250+lbs, although it was also a different machine then I am used to)
  • Standing Cable Crunch 27.5kg x 15 x 3
  • Seated Alternating DB Curls 15/17.5/20 x 8

I'm sore today. Very sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment